May 13, 2009

Mothers Day and Maifest Weekend

Mothers Day this year was very exciting and extra special
for me. I took Brendan to Leavenworth, WA and we met
my mom and dad for the weekend at this wonderful Bavarian
village. We had great weather; lots of sunshine in the cascade
mountains. If you have never been; where-ever you may live
you need to come. Something to do every season!!!

I've been many times but this was Brendan's first time and he said
can't wait to go back. It took us just a little over 2 hours to get
to Leavenworth going Northwest from Prosser, WA; the drive is
beautiful and Brendan loved the deer running across the highway
on our way. It was extra special to meet my mom and dad; they
live in western Washington several hours away. We plan weekends
and holidays when we can.

It was Maifest weekend in Leavenworth and they belong to a
Bernese Mtn Dog Club. They brought "Stella" and the group was
in the parade so yes Brendan and I joined too; the parade. That
was fun for us and yes my dad (as you will see in the picture
below) gave dog treats' to the spectator dogs' too. We called
him J.P. Patches...

We walked around the village, had ice cream from "Sweet Shop",
listened to Bavarian music and watched the dancers'. Brendan
and I took a walk along the "Riverfront Walk" and decided we
would go back Sunday with my mom, dad and Stella.

Of course found great restaurants for lunch and dinner. Lots to do
and found out a festival is happening almost every weekend and
outdoor performances. We may go back this summer to watch
"The Sound of Music'. Fitting and I love the thought of an outdoor
performance. I'm going to post more pictures; please see the pics below!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment